Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts Today

F1: Ecclestone pleased with Sochi progress

Written By kolimtiga on Senin, 04 Februari 2013 | 23.01

By Pablo Elizalde Monday, February 4th 2013, 14:32 GMT

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone visited the construction site of Russia's new Sochi track on Monday and said he was pleased with its progress

You have viewed over 30 free stories this month. Why stop there? Click here to find out how to continue reading.


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

F1: Rosberg: Strong start to 2013 unlikely

By Glenn Freeman Monday, February 4th 2013, 14:32 GMT

Nico Rosberg does not expect Mercedes to repeat its early-season form from 2012 when this year's Formula 1 campaign gets underway in Australia.

You have viewed over 30 free stories this month. Why stop there? Click here to find out how to continue reading.


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

F3: Van de Laar joins European F3 grid

By Jamie O'Leary Monday, February 4th 2013, 14:46 GMT

Dennis van de Laar will compete in the Formula 3 European Championship this year with Van Amersfoort Racing.

You have viewed over 30 free stories this month. Why stop there? Click here to find out how to continue reading.


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

ERC: Ketomaa takes victory in Latvia

Written By kolimtiga on Minggu, 03 Februari 2013 | 23.01

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 14:07 GMT

Ketomaa takes victory in LatviaJari Ketomaa has won Rally Liepaja-Ventspils in Latvia, round two of the European Rally Championship.

Ketomaa started Sunday's final six stages with a lead of 12.1s over Craig Breen and favourite to remain in front in his turbocharged Ford Fiesta on the high-speed ice-coated roads located around the town of Kuldiga.

And the Finn's victory was all but assured when Breen was slowed by a broken electrical cable on stage 12.

"I'm very happy with this rally and our performance," said Ketomaa, who was co-driven by Kimi Raikkonen's former navigator Kaj Lindstrom. "We knew when we found the rhythm we would be quick."

Breen, who won the opening five stages, settled for second in his normally-aspirated Peugeot 207, 31.0s behind Ketomaa.

Francois Delecour completed the podium in another Peugeot following a close battle with Mitsubishi driver Alexey Lukyanuk, which ended when the Russian stopped with a suspected mechanical problem on the penultimate stage.

Young Czech Jan Cerny took fourth after winning the final stage, a superspecial located at an artificial ski slope in the city of Ventspils.

Latvian driver Raimonds Kiesels completed the top five in his Autotek Mini with Vytautas Svedas the top Production Cup competitor in sixth place.

    Pos  Driver             Car                       Time/Gap   1.  Jari Ketomaa       Autotek Ford              2h08m15.7s   2.  Craig Breen        Sainteloc Peugeot         + 31.0s   3.  Francois Delecour  Kronos Peugeot            + 2m47.5s   4.  Jan Cerny          Czech Skoda               + 3m03.4s   5.  Raimonds Kisiels   Adapta Mini               + 5m46.3s   6.  Vytautas Svedas    Juta Mitsubishi           + 5m55.7s   7.  Aivis Egle         R-Evolution Mitsubishi    + 7m39.5s   8.  Raul Jeets         OT Racing Mitsubishi      + 8m37.6s   9.  Jaroslav Orsak     GPD Mitsubishi            + 8m48.9s  10.  Vitaliy Pushkar    Pro Mitsubishi            + 9m25.0s  

23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

F1: Horner: No doubts about Webber's talent

By Matt Beer Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 14:27 GMT

Helmut MarkoRed Bull Racing boss Christian Horner insists that Helmut Marko's recent criticisms of Mark Webber should not be taken as a sign that the Formula 1 team itself has any doubts about the Australian's talent.

Marko, a motorsport advisor for Red Bull, told the company's own in-house magazine earlier this month that he felt Webber lacked the consistency and psychological strength to win a world championship.

At the launch of the Red Bull RB9, Horner distanced himself from Marko's opinions.

"We all know Helmut can be outspoken at times. His comments reflected his opinion, and these things can be misinterpreted," Horner said.

"If we weren't happy with Mark we would never have signed him for this year.

"We give both drivers equal opportunity and it's down to what they do on the circuit.

"Certainly in the team, that's the approach and we'll continue to do that.

"For us, it doesn't matter which driver wins as long as it's in one of these cars."

Webber added that he did not let Marko's comments have any effect on his self-belief, and that he would not be at Red Bull if he doubted the team had faith in him.

"I do believe I can have a crack at the championship again this year, as I have done in previous seasons," he said.

"That's what I'm getting up each day thinking.

"The team know I need 100 per cent support. You cannot win world championships with 90 per cent support.

"That's what I'm confident of."


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

F1: Red Bull open to passive DRS concept

By Matt Beer Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 14:39 GMT

Adrian NeweyRed Bull technical chief Adrian Newey is open to the Formula 1 champion team using a passive DRS-style device during the 2013 season, but admitted it was tough to make such a system effective.

Newey acknowledged that devices such as that used by Lotus had great potential, if their challenges could be conquered.

"It's for sure an interesting area," he said at the launch of the RB9.

"It's also very tricky to have a system that's reliable, that withstands following another car without being triggered at moments that would be embarrassing, and to make it a positive gain on balance over the weekend.

"None of those things are straightforward."

He would not be drawn on how far Red Bull had progressed with its own DRS addition.

"We have certainly investigated it," said Newey.

"I wouldn't like to give away what we may or may not do during the season.

"It's a very interesting area, and it's there to be explored.

"Deriving lap time benefit, or more importantly points benefit, out of it, is more difficult."


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

F1: Ferrari stays realistic on goals for F138

Written By kolimtiga on Jumat, 01 Februari 2013 | 23.01

By Kevin Turner Friday, February 1st 2013, 13:33 GMT

Ferrari F138Ferrari believes the priority for its 2013 car must be to match its rivals at the front of the field, rather than surpass them.

Fernando Alonso narrowly missed out on the world championship to Sebastian Vettel last year, but the team's 2012 car was rarely on the pace of the other frontrunning teams.

Speaking at the launch of Ferrari's F138, team boss Stefano Domenicali said the Italian outfit had to be realistic with how much progress it could make over the winter.

"The main thing is to make available to Fernando and Felipe [Massa] a competitive car," he said.

"I don't think we can expect a car that is much faster than the others - this would be fantastic.

"We have to keep our feet on the ground and have a car that is equal to our competition."

Domenicali described some of the changes from the 2012 car as "extreme", and Alonso added that it would be impossible to judge the team's hopes for this year until the car hits the track in testing.

"The difference at the front is just tenths," said Alonso, "tenths you cannot see by looking at the car.

"Sometimes you don't know why a particular car holds sway. We need to get on track and really see how competitive it is."

Domenicali also pointed out that the decision to cover up the step in the car's nose with a new-for-2013 'vanity panel' was for performance reasons.

"We wanted to go in that direction because the whole project is to improve performance in that area," he said. "And it is more beautiful!"

AUTOSPORT SAYS
by features editor Kevin Turner

Ferrari F138It's clear from Ferrari's launch that the team is trying to keep a lid on expectations for 2013.

Although there was talk of the car being more radical – to push the rules as hard as the team feels some of its rivals have done in recent years – everyone was careful not to get too carried away.

That is almost certainly due to the problems experienced with the F2012 in testing at the start of last year. Both Felipe Massa and Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo talked of the awkward conversation they had when the Brazilian first drove the car.

"I called him to tell him the truth – things were not going well at that time," said Massa. "I hope it will be a different experience this year."

Then there's the issue of developing a car and engine for the new 2014 regulations as well as fighting a 2013 campaign, something Stefano Domenicali believes will be a difficult balancing act.

"A big team has to focus very soon on 2014," he said at the launch. "It is a big change and is very, very complex.

"It will be important to focus on our targets for 2013, but at a certain stage of the season we have to make sure we have the right people on the project for 2014."

Domenicali knows producing a car that is superior to everything else is unlikely, thanks to the rules stability and the pace of the Red Bulls and McLarens at the end of 2012.

What he is hoping for is that the F138 will put Alonso on an even footing with the likes of Sebastian Vettel, and that the team and the Spaniard – most people's top driver of 2012 – can do the rest.


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

BTCC: Fuller gets HARD VW BTCC seat

By Jamie O'Leary Friday, February 1st 2013, 13:50 GMT

Howard FullerHoward Fuller will drive one of Team HARD's Volkswagen Passatts in the British Touring Car Championship this year.

He is likely to share driving duties in one of the VWs with American Robb Holland, who undertook a partial BTCC programme last year and is set to do the same in 2013.

Fuller is planning to convert his programme into a full-time drive with Tony Gilham's team, should he find the backing.

"It has all come together nicely, and it's great to know that I'll be on the grid," Fuller said.

"It can be frustrating reading about everyone else's plans while I've been busy trying to secure my own place. I'm just thankful to Tony for the opportunity."

Fuller, 20, made his series debut with the team in an S2000 Honda Civic last year at Rockingham and also raced at Silverstone, taking a best finish of 11th.

Fuller's history with the outfit extends back to the VW Cup in 2010.

"Howard is a very good driver," said team boss Gilham. "He won for us in the VW Cup and the whole team loves him.

"We rewarded him with a BTCC drive at Rockingham last year and he did so well that we put him back in the car for Silverstone. I am sure he will do a great job for us."

Tom Onslow-Cole recently confirmed he will race the team's first VW on a full-time basis while Clio Cup champion Jack Goff and James Cole will campaign Vauxhall Insignias.


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

F1: Van der Garde secures Caterham seat

By Jonathan Noble Friday, February 1st 2013, 14:57 GMT

Giedo van der GardeGiedo van der Garde has won the battle for the second race seat at Caterham for 2013, the team confirmed on Friday.

Following months of discussions, the Dutchman has got the nod over Heikki Kovalainen, Vitaly Petrov, Bruno Senna and Luiz Razia to become Charles Pic's team-mate this season.

Van der Garde, who was Caterham's reserve driver last year and won races for its GP2 team, already has F1 mileage under his belt after driving in several Friday practice sessions as well as at the young driver test.

The Dutchman had also been part of the Spyker team's line-up in 2007, carrying out testing duties for the squad.

Speaking about his move in to a race seat, van der Garde said: "I know I am ready to take the step up to F1 and all the work I have done throughout my career, and particularly in the last year with this team, has brought me to my ultimate goal.

"Throughout 2012 I was able to fully integrate myself into the team, both through the FP1 sessions I ran at a number of tracks that were then new to me, and as reserve driver, fully embedded with the team throughout the season.

"Now I can continue to learn at the highest level of motorsport and show that I am ready for F1. I cannot wait to start work."

Caterham's decision to sign van der Garde and Pic is a departure from its previous mantra of securing experienced talent to help it in F1, and will have been motivated in part by financial considerations.

Team principal Cyril Abiteboul said last year that he was keen to bring on younger men now - which has been proven with his choice for 2013.

"We continue to grow as a team and we are committed to giving young talent across the motorsport industry the chance to grow with us and this is Giedo's opportunity to show he deserves his place at the very highest level of global motorsport," he said.

Van der Garde's appointment, with Razia now set to take the second seat at Marussia, means that Kovalainen, Petrov and Senna all appear to be without F1 drives for 2013

Giedo van der Garde's route to F1

Nationality: Dutch
Age: 27

F1 tests: Super Aguri (2007), Spyker/Force India (2007/08), Renault (2009), Caterham (2012, inc Friday practice)

GP2: 2009-12 with iSport ('09), Addax ('10-11), Caterham ('12). Five wins, best championship result of fifth in 2011.

Formula Renault 3.5: 2007-08 with Victory ('07) and P1 ('08). Champion in 2008, five wins.

Formula 3 Euro Series: 2004-'06 with Signature ('04), Rosberg ('05), ASM ('06). One win, best championship result of sixth in 2006.

Pre-2003: Karting and Formula Renault Eurocup

  2013 Formula 1 line-up so far:    Red Bull     Sebastian Vettel  Mark Webber  Ferrari      Fernando Alonso   Felipe Massa  McLaren      Jenson Button     Sergio Perez  Lotus        Kimi Raikkonen    Romain Grosjean  Mercedes     Lewis Hamilton    Nico Rosberg  Sauber       Nico Hulkenberg   Esteban Gutierrez  Force India  Paul di Resta     seat still available  Williams     Pastor Maldonado  Valtteri Bottas  Toro Rosso   Daniel Ricciardo  Jean-Eric Vergne  Caterham     Charles Pic       Giedo van der Garde  Marussia     Max Chilton       seat still available  

23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More

GP2: Evans to make NZ comeback

Written By kolimtiga on Kamis, 31 Januari 2013 | 23.01

By Jamie O'Leary Thursday, January 31st 2013, 14:33 GMT

GP3 champion Mitch Evans will make a one-off return appearance to New Zealand's Toyota Racing Series this weekend.

You have viewed over 30 free stories this month. Why stop there? Click here to find out how to continue reading.


23.01 | 0 komentar | Read More
techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger